Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hibernation


There was a quiet calm that accompanied yesterday's light dusting of snow. It was too cold for the kiddos who are normally screaming and chasing each other around the park, and it was certainly too cold for camels.  And yes, it was too cold for me, too. When I walked through the park on my way to run a couple errands, I felt like I was transported to another place - it was so tranquil and completely deserted, as if everyone went into hibernation. I quickly got my errands done and ran home to warm up with a hot cup of tea, and spent the afternoon curled up on the couch under a blanket browsing recipes for soup. I'll be making a big pot of chicken and corn chowder tonight... and if it goes well, I'll share the recipe with you tomorrow.

Stay warm, dear friends.... unless you are in LA - in which case I hate you just a little. And my parents who are soaking up the sun in Key West.... I *really* hate you guys. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great shot.

    I wish we had a dust of snow- I don't really want it, but I fear summer won't come until August at this point and it's really messing up my shoe deliveries to stores.

    ReplyDelete